Sunday, January 1, 2017

Rewind, Reflect, and Reboot for 2017

The end of the year is a natural time for us to rewind, reflect, and reboot. I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you that. Of course, reflection is important, to be able to look back and see what you have accomplished, the high points and low points. Next, understand what you have learned and move forward. Decide what you want for yourself.
Break actionable goals down to a weekly goal. If you want to lose weight, try This Week I Will Buy Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Instead of Ice Cream. If you want to get closer to your family, try This Sunday I Will Call Mary. In this way, you can easily reflect each week whether the action fits into your larger goal.
In the past, I have written about creating SMART goals and it's worth repeating.
Ask yourself:
What do I want to accomplish this week?
How does this fit into my vision?
What actions must I take?
What resources do I need?
How will I measure success?
Be sure your goals are SMART:
Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound.
Read more about writing SMART goals:

No comments:

Post a Comment