Monday, January 6, 2014

A Woman of a Certain Age


So, here you are - a woman of a certain age, who is your ideal?


Think about who “floats your boat”.  Write down the names.


Maybe Dame Judy Dench, Maggie Smith, Whoopi Goldberg,


Helen Mirren, Oprah Winphrey, Diane Sawyer, Julia Child,


Mother Teresa, Hillary Clinton, Jane Fonda, the woman next door


who seems to “age with grace and gusto”, your ex-teacher, your


boss, you name it.





What images comes to your mind when you hear that name?


Strong, decisive, smart, accomplished, risk taker, talented, ever-


changing with the times, kind, empathic,  relentless,  sexy, single,


married (maybe two or three times even), patient.





Write down words that describe what is important to you. 
Picture her or them. Draw a picture, make a collage.  
Think about what parts of their lives you admire most.







Ask yourself:



What are the qualities I see about this woman I want to add to


my own life? How will this help me to become the woman I want to


be? What do I value most in this world?





What do I want to change in my life? Do I want to retire, work less


(or more), re-locate or stay put, change some of my relationships for

the better, eliminate others,  change my look, find passion.


What works? What doesn’t? What needs to change?


How can those qualities I admire help me? Which ones do I already


have in abundance? Which ones do I need to develop? How can I


do that?







Woman of a certain age – What do you want? I did not ask what


others want for you or from you. I asked what do you want?






Find the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment